How to Make Money with Free Online Surveys
Method One: Become Eligible to Complete Online Surveys
- However, it's an important first step, and worth the little extra time it takes to fill these screening surveys out because the more demographic information the market research companies have on you, the more surveys they can send you.
- Remember, you will only be matched with surveys that you can actually contribute to, so if you leave all your screener information blank to get through it more quickly, you will receive fewer survey opportunities.
- Any individual survey site may only offer a couple of surveys to you in a given month. The more companies you sign up with, the more surveys you'll be able to complete.
- Set up a rule for your email so that any survey emails that come in are flagged, make noise when they arrive, and appear at the top of your list. Everything you do to make them stand out will help.
Method Two: Find Legitimate Survey Sites
- Some sites offer a combination of these, which may or may not be to your benefit. Be sure you know exactly how you will be rewarded by checking a sites FAQs, Terms and Conditions, etc.
- Some companies offer prizes or products, or let you accrue points that you can trade in for such. Many of these won’t be as useful or valuable to you as cash, but occasionally you will get lucky. Just be sure to price-hunt any items before accepting them (or investing valuable energy into trying to earn them).
- Get fine-print savvy. Some websites will say you won an Xbox360 or a new laptop, for example, but if you look carefully, you’ll usually find an asterisk near the "you won" part. Be especially wary of weasel words, like "you may have already won," or "new laptop is based on a purchase of gummy bears worth $5,000 or more." Don't fall into these sorts of traps; they're ridiculously difficult and not worth it.
- Make sure the amount required is fair before diving in—twenty dollars is common—and, more importantly, if you don’t like a site and plan to cash out soon, make sure to time it so that you don’t have to do a lot more surveys to unlock your cash.
Method Three: Register with Survey Sites
- Surveys only net a few dollars on average but take very little time. Even if you only spend a few minutes making $3 a day, in a month, you will have earned over $90!
- If you use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, try using the WOT extension to stop yourself from going to scam sites.
- Teenagers can also do surveys for cash but should always research whether or not a given company will allow them to participate.
- Many websites with online surveys often have spyware and viruses, so be careful of them.
- Avoid giving out your phone number, as it can open the door for telemarketers. Some can even circumvent the Do-Not-Call lists because you've signed up to receive information.
- Don’t accept what sounds too good to be true.
- Ask yourself what your goal is. Surveys are a nice way of getting a little extra change in your pocket but you will not be able to quit your day job. If you are looking to make more than $100/month online, you should look into affiliate marketing.
- Most survey sites (and their affiliate companies) will start sending you tons of spam.